Cotswolds Christmas Day Out: Three Villages Hike – Sat 9th December
10:30am Saturday 9th December
This hike or any other events or membership can be gifted for Xmas. We also offer vouchers! Ask us more at email@example.com
Members Price: £25 Contact for payment link
The Cotswolds does ‘Quaint English countryside’ better than anywhere else.
This famous Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is filled with charming little villages, lush green rolling hills and ancient stone walls. You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time, passing through tiny farm villages where the houses are made from sandy yellow Cotswolds stone. Every cute cottage is photo worthy!
- Free time in the beautiful village of Moreton-in-Marsh
- Epic views across The Cotswolds AONB
- The grand Sezincote House
- Guided hike with a group of like-minded Adventuresses
Meeting in the morning outside of Moreton-in-Marsh Station main entrance at 10:30am
If coming from London, there are trains that run direct from Paddington (1hr28m) (Thetrainline.com) It is recommended that you buy an Open Return ticket as we cannot guarantee an exact return time.
IMPORTANT ** The hike starts promptly at 10:30am and we cannot share our live location or route to those who are late so please aim to arrive on time. We cannot keep the group waiting**
Please look into parking before arriving
If requesting or offering a ride share, join our Adventuress Ride Share Whatsapp Group announcing which event it is for (Please kindly offer gas donations to drivers)
From the village of Moreton-in-Marsh we hike a loop, touring the countryside and villages. For our lunch break we will stop on the trail.
- Distance: 17km
- Elevation Gain: 214m
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Actual hike time: 4-5hr (Not including breaks)
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome on this hike, however they must be kept on lead for duration without exception. This is due to us passing through many fields with livestock and walking along country roads.
*Following heavy rains and during winter months, this hike can become boggy and slippery in parts, so everybody is encouraged to wear hiking boots and come ready to have a laugh!*
Will there be a pub or restaurant stop?
Many pubs and restaurants in Moreton-in-marsh will not take large group bookings, and due to the time of year venues will be very busy. However once the hike is over we have the option to break into smaller groups to find somewhere to eat and drink. There are lot of places to choose from!
Guided hike from a Qualified Hiking Guide & Outdoor First Aider
Opportunity to meet other like minded Adventuresses
Photos of your amazing journey for your socials
Food & drink
What should I bring?
Winter Hiking Essentials (Prepare to get muddy!)
- If you’d like to show your Christmas spirit, don some tinsel, santa hat, or your worst christmas jumper!
- Warm and waterproof layers (Base thermal layers- Mid layer such as a fleece – Outer layers such as a warm jacket under a waterproof & windproof jacket)
- Hiking leggings or trousers (Avoid jeans or any absorbent material)
- Hiking boots (This hike will be muddy)
- Spare warm layers and socks, your socks will get wet!
- Warm gloves, hat and scarf
- Lunch & Snacks
- Something to sit on for when we stop (The ground will be wet)
- At least 1 litre of water
- A bag for your rubbish
- Pack cover or dry bag liners
- Basic First Aid items
- Head torch
Is this hike challenging?
There are a few easy going ascents on this trail, and we will be taking it at a relaxed pace. This trail can become very slippery and muddy in winter conditions, so appropriate footwear is required.
Food & Toilets
There is a Tesco Express and coffee shop at the start of the hike if you need to pick anything up. There are no more shops or toilets on the trail.
What happens if theres a tube/train strike?
If the line from London to Moreton-in-Marsh is affected by a strike then this hike will either be postponed or cancelled. Train companies refund in the event of a strike.
Will we hike if it’s raining?
Yes! Bring your waterproofs
HOW TO DISCOVER OTHER EVENTS
If attending you are confirming that you have read and agree with the Full Booking Terms
Before attending, please consider if you may need to cancel last minute as this event is NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE under any circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel this event at any time, should we cancel your ticket price will be fully refunded
By attending you acknowledge that this is a hazardous activity where the risk of injury may occur, and that your safety is your own responsibility. Should injury occur Kate Capelli or Adventuress In The Wild Ltd will not be held liable or responsible