KENT DOWNS HIKE – Shoreham, Lullingstone Park & Castle
11:20am Sunday 19th November
Members price: FREE! (Contact to be added to the event)
This is a hike that has it all! We will wander up to a vantage point to take in amazing views across Kent’s rolling downs before passing through woodland, fields and parkland. During the latter part of this hike we will have the opportunity to pick up some crafts or fresh produce from a farm. We’ll be following the river back into the quaint old village of Shoreham where we will grab a pint at the pub.
- Views across Kent Downs AONB
- Lullingstone Castle
- Farm store selling local crafts and fresh produce
- English countryside pub
- Walk along the river Darent
- Shoreham village
Shoreham railway Station: 11:20am
Trains run direct from London Blackfriars, 57 mins (Check Trainline.com)
IMPORTANT **The hike starts promptly at 11:20am and we do not share our live location or route to those who are late so please aim to arrive on time**
If coming by car
If coming by car there is parking at the station
- Distance: 13.5km
- Elevation Gain: 250m
- Route: Loop
- Hike time: 3.5-4hr
- Difficulty: Easy- Moderate
- Pub stop: Yes
- Dogs welcome: Pups are welcome but must be kept on lead for the entire duration without exception. Depending on which pub we end up in it may not be ‘dog friendly’ although must country pubs are.
*Following heavy rains and during winter months, this hike can be quite muddy, so everybody is encouraged to wear hiking boots and come ready to have a laugh!*
I am nervous to join alone
Most of the events are attended by solo Adventuresses, and they usually confess to being nervous to join us for the first time, so you already have something in common! We make a great effort to get everybody involved and talking so nobody will feel left out 🙂 Our walks are at a relaxed pace
Guided hike from Qualified Hiking Guide & Outdoor First Aider
Opportunity to meet other Adventuresses
Photos of your amazing journey for your socials
Food & drink
What should I bring?
Winter Hiking Essentials
- A good sense of humour 🙂
- Thermal base layers
- Warm Mid-layers
- Warm breathable outer layer
- Waterproof & windproof shell
- Warm hiking socks
- Hiking leggings or trousers (Avoid jeans or any absorbent material)
- Hiking boots (Trainers will not be sufficient for this hike. We may encounter boggy slippery sections)
- Spare warm layers and socks, your socks will get wet!
- Warm gloves, hat and scarf
- Lunch & Snacks
- Something to sit on for when we stop (The ground will be wet)
- At least 1 litre of water
- A bag for your rubbish
- Umbrella or poncho if forecast heavy rains
- Pack cover or dry bag liners
- Basic First Aid items
- Hiking poles if desired
Is this hike challenging?
This hike is flat for the most part with the occasional incline. There are very short sections that are slippery and muddy. You must be comfortable with hiking up to 4 hours
There is a coffee shop at the start of the hike, however it is advised to bring your lunch and snacks with you. We will stop for two short breaks
Will we hike if it’s raining?
Yes! Bring your waterproofs
What happens if theres a rail/tube strike?
If a strike or works threatens to interrupt this hike then we will attempt to find a different route that is accessible or the hike will be postponed. We do not offer refunds unless we are forced to cancel the event or you cannot make the next available date.
HOW TO DISCOVER OTHER EVENTS
If attending you are confirming that you have read and agree with the Full Booking Terms
Before attending, please consider if you may need to cancel last minute as this event is NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE under any circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel this event at any time, should we cancel your ticket price will be fully refunded
By attending you acknowledge that this is a hazardous activity where the risk of injury may occur, and that your safety is your own responsibility. Should injury occur Kate Capelli or Adventuress In The Wild Ltd will not be held liable or responsible