CHILTERNS OFF THE BEATEN TRACK HIKE: Farms, Forests & Fields – Sun 5th Nov
10:30am Sunday 5th November
Members price: FREE! (Contact to be added to the event)
We begin our walk in the quirky countryside town of Chesham (amazing cafes and craft beer shops!) From there we make our way through a quiet off-the-beaten-track landscape of rolling hills, valleys and woodland. We will also pass through quaint Little Missenden. This is a great way to see the lesser known side of the Chilterns, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Getting lost in nature on this off-the-beaten-track trail
- The charming village of Little Missenden
- Discovering hidden gem Chesham with its quirky craft beer stores and independent cafes
- Guided hike with like-minded intrepid Adventuresses
Outside of Chesham tube station (Metropolitan line & Chiltern railways)
Tubes only run to Chesham every 30 minutes, so please plan your journey in advance
You must be booked onto the event to join
IMPORTANT **The hike starts promptly at 10:30am and we do not share our live location or route to those who are late so please aim to arrive on time**
If coming by car
If coming by car, you can park at the station using the PayByPhone app (recommended to set up the app prior to the day)
- Distance: 14.4km
- Elevation Gain: 175m
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate
- Estimated total hike time inc breaks: 5.5-6hrs
- Pub: Absolutely!
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome on this hike, however they must be kept on lead for duration without exception. This is due to us passing through many fields with livestock and walking along country roads.
*Following heavy rains and during winter months, this hike can be notoriously boggy, so everybody is encouraged to wear hiking boots and come ready to have a laugh!*
I am nervous to join alone
Most of the events are attended by solo Adventuresses, and they usually confess to being nervous to join us for the first time, so you already have something in common! We make a great effort to get everybody involved and talking so nobody will feel left out 🙂 Our walks are at a relaxed pace
Guided hike from Qualified Hiking Guide & Outdoor First Aider
Opportunity to meet other Adventuresses
Photos of your amazing journey for your socials
Food & drink
What should I bring?
Autumn Hiking Essentials
- A good sense of humour 🙂
- Warm and waterproof layers
- Hiking leggings or trousers (Avoid jeans or any absorbent material)
- Hiking boots (Trainers will not be sufficient for this hike. We may encounter boggy slippery sections)
- Spare warm layers and socks, your socks will get wet!
- Warm gloves, hat and scarf if forecast cold weather
- Lunch & Snacks
- Something to sit on for when we stop (The ground will be wet)
- At least 1 litre of water
- A bag for your rubbish
- Umbrella or poncho if forecast heavy rains
- Pack cover or dry bag liners
- Basic First Aid items
Is this hike challenging?
This hike is flat for the most part with the occasional incline. There are very short sections that are slippery and muddy. You must be comfortable with hiking up to 5 hours
There is a coffee shop at the start of the hike, however it is advised to bring your lunch and snacks with you. We will stop for two short breaks
Will we hike if it’s raining?
Yes! Bring your waterproofs
What happens if theres a rail/tube strike?
If a strike or works threatens to interrupt this hike then we will attempt to find a different route that is accessible or the hike will be postponed. We do not offer refunds unless we are forced to cancel the event.
This hike is accessible by both tube and rail
HOW TO DISCOVER OTHER EVENTS
If attending you are confirming that you have read and agree with the Full Booking Terms
Before attending, please consider if you may need to cancel last minute as this event is NON REFUNDABLE and NON TRANSFERABLE under any circumstances. We reserve the right to cancel this event at any time, should we cancel your ticket price will be fully refunded
By attending you acknowledge that this is a hazardous activity where the risk of injury may occur, and that your safety is your own responsibility. Should injury occur Kate Capelli or Adventuress In The Wild Ltd will not be held liable or responsible