weekend camp out
26th-28th August (Bank Hol) 2023
Come and experience The New Forest with the AITW community from a beautiful location where the ponies wander free
4pm-8pm: Arrival at your campsite in the New Forest
Arrive at our beautiful campsite for the weekend, which may have a pony or two wandering through! The campsite is an 18 minute walk from Brockenhurst train station (direct trains from London) where your tent will be ready for your arrival. You’ll meet your hosts for the weekend and the rest of your Adventuress fam. We will spend a relaxing evening getting to know each other over drinks and some camp games.
Optional guided hike and map & compass workshop
Wake up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee which will kick our brains into gear ready for a relaxed optional map and compass workshop.
With your new found knowledge and armed with your map, you are able to join a trail right from the campsite. Your journey will have you wandering through open green fields and dense bracken filled forests, whilst keeping an eye out for friendly horses and families of long antler deer.
A weekend in the New Forest isn’t complete without dinner in a country pub. You’ll have the option to join us in the evening for a Sunday roast or spend your time relaxing in the campsite
Optional leisure cycle
After our morning coffee we have the option to head out to pick up bicycles from Brockenhurst and hit the forest trails on two wheels.
With our new method of travel we can take in so much more of the park, riding at a slow pace so we really appreciate our beautiful surroundings. We’ll make stops at the nicest spots, and if we’re feeling up to it we will extend our route to include another country pub visit. Cheers!
Following the ride we will part ways, saying our reluctant farewells, until the next adventure!
- 2x Nights in a beautiful forest campsite with the possibility of wild New Forest ponies wandering through
- Camping gear provided – 2 man tent (to yourself), sleeping bag, inflatable camping pad.
- Optional camp craft and navigation talk
- Map & compass to use for the day, and a take home navigation cheat sheet
- A small sociable group adventure (10 Adventuresses max)
- An Adventuress host to help out with all of your camping needs
- Access to the events Whatsapp group for all Q&As and the Adventuress events ride share Whatsapp group
- Photos of you on your adventure
- Option to rent a bicycle to enjoy the surrounding trails
- Transport to and from the New Forest
- All food & drink
- Pub meal
- Camping gear not mentioned above
- Personal insurance
- Personal Expenses
We will be staying in a perfectly located campground a 15 minute walk away from the shops and cafes of Brockenhurst village
Campsite and Surrounds
We will be surrounded by woodland and open fields with tent pitches nestled in the trees, with direct access to hundreds of miles of quaint forests strolls.
If we are lucky then we might catch a glimpse of the famous New Forest wild ponies wandering through the campsite.
There is no food sold on site, but there is a Tesco Express in Brockenhurst village a 19 minute walk/3 min drive away. Our recommendation is to cook and prepare food at the campsite
No fires are permitted in the New Forest
- Toilet & Shower block with hot showers
- Washing up basins
- Drinking water tap
ARRIVING BY TRAIN
The campsite is a 19 minute walk from Brockenhurst railway station
Please check your train journey on Trainline.com
If coming from London trains leave from London Waterloo to Brockenhurst (1hr 30m journey time, direct) It is recommended to buy an open return and we will not have an exact finish time on Monday **Please note that train ticket prices rise considerably as time goes on. Please be aware this event will NOT be cancelled or refunded in the event of a rail strike**
ARRIVING BY CAR
IMPORTANT: When making a booking please let us know if you are coming by car.
Ride Share Whatsapp group for all events: Join here
- 2 Man tent
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable sleeping pad
WHAT TO BRING FOR CAMP
- Food for the duration. See a recommended foods list here (There is a shop on site selling the essentials)
- Sleeping bag liner
- Head torch and light to hang in tent
- Something to sit on in camp
- 1-2 Litre water bottle
- Regular or mini camping stove & compatible gas (We will bring a few stoves, but please also bring your own if you can)
- Camping plate/bowl/mug/cutlery/utensils/pots/pans
- Washing up liquid & sponge (can dispense from a travel tube)
- Foil or sandwich bags
- A bag or tub to carry your dishes to the sink
- Toilet paper/wipes
- Comfy and warm camp clothing layers and shoes
- Sun lotion & bug spray
- Towel (Microfibre are packable)
- Battery packs & chargers
- Ear plugs & eye mask
- Flip flops or crocs for the showers
FOR THE HIKES
- 10-20ltr day pack
- A good sense of humour if the weather isn’t great! 🙂
- Warm and waterproof layers (If cold or windy weather is forecast, base thermal layers- Mid layer such as a fleece – Outer layers such as a waterproof jacket.)
- Synthetic hiking trousers or shorts (Avoid jeans or any absorbent material)
- Hiking boots or trail shoes (Not trainers)
- Sun hat
- Lunch & Snacks
- Something to sit on for when we stop (The ground may be wet)
- At least 1 litre of water
- A bag for your rubbish
- Pack cover or dry bag liners
- Basic First Aid items
- Sun lotion
- Swim wear and aqua shoes
How do I become an Adventuress member?
To benefit from membership perks, such as £40 off of this trip, then you can join here
What is the provided camping gear like?
Included in the price of this trip, you will be provided with..
- 2 man tent for your own use (Dimensions: 130 x 210cm. Double layered, ventilation)
- Sleeping bag (Mummy bag design, Size: 240 Dimensions: 230 (91″) x 80 (31″) x 50cm (20”), Comfort level 7ºC. To ensure extra warmth it is recommended to bring a sleeping bag liner)
- Inflatable sleeping pad (Dimensions: 183 x 51 x 2.5 cm)
Do I need to use your gear or can I bring my own?
We are providing gear so you are able to travel with less baggage. However it is fine to bring your own. Please let us know if you would like to bring your own gear to camp with. If bringing your own tents they cannot be larger than 3 man due to the space allocated for us.
There is no discount on the total trip cost if bringing your own gear or sharing a tent with a friend on the trip.
Can I drive and park?
You are able to drive and park near your pitch. Please let us know if you plan to come by car
When is check-in and check-out time?
Check in: 4pm onwards, Saturday 26th of August
Check out if not joining the bike ride: 12pm Monday 28th August
What about food?
Please bring your own food for the trip. There is a Tesco Express in Brockenhurst for essentials an 18 minute walk from the campsite. Non-perishables and camp meals are recommended.
Where do I get my water?
There is a fresh drinking water tap in the campsite to refill
Are there showers and toilets?
There are showers and toilets on site.
Can I charge my devices?
There is no electricity on our pitch, so it is advised to bring external battery packs.
Are we allowed fires?
No fires are allowed anywhere in the New Forest
What if it rains?
This is England, so a little rain is always to be expected! Depending on the conditions we may erect a gazebo to protect us from the elements.
Can I bring my dog?
Due to the nature of this trip and the hikes, unfortunately pups are not permitted on this trip. We will aim to run shorter trips during the year where pups can join the fun.
Do I need to join the hike or the bike ride?
The hike, bike ride and navigation workshops are optional. There is also the option to follow a different bike trail as there are many available.
Are the hikes difficult?
The hikes surrounding the campsite vary in length but are easy going with little elevation gain.
What will I learn on the navigation workshop?
You will learn how to..
- Orientate the map
- How to take a 6 figure grid reference
- Read key map features
- How to follow a route
- Contour reading
- How to take and walk on a compass bearing
Can I go off and do my own thing?
This trip is designed for you to enjoy your time how you wish, if you prefer to do your own thing during the day and join us in the evening, you are very welcome!
26-28 August 2023
Members price: £150
Book with a £50 deposit
Conquer your mountains
Adventuress is all about pushing your boundaries to experience life beyond your comfort zone.
Whats waiting for you there? A sense of empowerment that’ll leave you filled with confidence, and the realisation that you have it in you to achieve more than you ever imagined.
Our guides and members of the community are super supportive, and above all we love to have fun. Laughter is 100% guaranteed.
We believe that every community matters, which is why we welcome all women and non-binary. We recognise that some of you do not feel like you are represented in the world of outdoor pursuits, and we want to break that barrier and show that the outdoors is for everybody, so lets get out there and have some amazing adventures.